By undertaking a thorough evaluation of your event, you will be able to measure its impact and identify areas for improvement in future years. Sharing evaluation data will also allow you and others to learn from your combined experiences and ensure that EU Member states continue to celebrate LGBT History Month for many years to come.
Evaluation can be undertaken in a number of ways. Consider which of these may be best suited to your needs:
- Evaluation form – asking the participants and/or organisers what they thought about your event.
- Graffiti Wall – asking participants to write on a large piece of paper saying what they enjoyed or would change.
- Video Diaries – Using a diary style room where participants can feedback on film. This can also be used to gather stories from participants and can provide a lasting legacy of your project and event.
- Online evaluation – using tools such as Survey Monkey.
- Verbal feedback – try and record any verbal feedback received before it gets forgotten.